Monday, August 17, 2009

Local Folks + Local Music = Lots of FUN!




I find so much joy in playing music. This past Saturday, I had the great opportunity to play with the "GoodTime Charlies" at the Bounty of the Barrens Market and what a time we had! Our first stage show together (it was obvious!). But what made it so much fun was coming to the BOTBM and playing for our friends and community neighbors. There were folks that came up during and after the performance commenting that they had no idea we played music, or how much they enjoyed the show. I thought to myself, "this is great," and I am sure that now that they know a little more about me and my family, I may learn something about them or their family and find that we have something in common. Something that our society is losing out on.... Neighbors, friends, and community coming together to shop and to actually get to learn something about the folks in their community. In the age of the cell phone, microwave, everyone put up a fence in your back yard, it was just an awesome feeling at BOTBM to see folks walking around from vendor to vendor, talking and learning about the item they just purchased or to see them setting in the shade listening to some local musicians and sharing a memory or two from days gone by.
I am appreciative to have the BOTBM. I hope more folks will come out to support our local vendors and musicians. Most of all I wish more folks will just come out and enjoy each other at this fantastic setting.
So what do you say folks?!?!? Let's make a choice today to talk with your neighbors and go shop for local goods made/grown in your community. The benefits far outweigh any negatives that you can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment